Recent General Posts
Stay safe in this extreme heat!
Lately the weather has been very dry, hot and humid. We have been on a heat advisory as well. Extreme heat is when the temperature is above 90 degrees for two to three days. During extreme heat evaporation is slowed and the body works harder to maintain normal body temperature.
Using these tips will help keep you cool and safe during this horrible heat.
- Wearing light and loose clothing will keep you cooler. Dark tight-fitting clothing will trap in the rays; keeping the heat in.
- Drink more water! Try to stay away from caffeine and alcohol as well.
- Avoid high-energy activities and get help when doing hard manual work outside
- Keep your home cooler by covering all windows with drapes or shades, using weather-strips on all windows and doors, and using an attic fan if you have one.
Check often on your elderly, neighbors and pets. This heat can cause dehydration, heat exhaustion, and heat strokes. Staying hydrated and cool will less your chance from any heat illness.
SERVPRO wants everyone to continue to have a fun, cool and safe summer!!
Winter may have just begun but before you know it spring cleaning season will be upon you. SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City offers a variety of general cleaning services including carpet, upholstery and duct cleaning. Contact our office at 618-797-1392 to schedule a cleaning appointment. If you need more extensive cleaning services such as cleaning ceilings, walls, light fixtures, windows, doors or other areas you can contact SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City at 618-797-1392 to schedule an estimate. A customer service representative will meet with you to discuss your cleaning needs and provide an estimate. If you have any questions or would like to request that additional information be sent to you give SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City a call today at 618-797-1392 Thank you for considering SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City for your cleaning needs.
The SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City facility is over 20,000 square feet and includes 10,000 square feet of warehouse space that is mostly used to store contents from fire and water damages. We also use the space to house more than 400 air movers and 100 dehumidifiers.
In addition, we have 16 storage units which are self-contained, an annex building, and a training room which we use for continuing education classes and homeowner content inspections. Inspections take place after the contents have undergone the restoration process but before they are moved back to the job site.
The SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City fleet includes 6 truck mounts which are used to extract water, 4 box trucks for hauling equipment, 2 moving truck and other assorted vans and vehicles in order to transport our highly trained employees to job sites.
The SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City is currently hiring several Production Technicians.
Available benefits: health insurance, 401k, paid vacation and opportunities to advance.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Must have a professional appearance
- A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
- Must submit to a background check if a job position is accepted.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Because we provide 24-hour emergency services, must be willing to be on call, as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- No prior experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided. Must be willing to learn.
Apply in person at SERVPRO, 2220 Liebler Rd., Troy, IL 62294. Monday thru Friday between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm.