Faster to your water damage!
Working on a water damage.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 618-797-1392
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration.
Continuing Education Classes!
Attention all property insurance agents and adjusters! SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City hosts many FREE continuing education classes throughout the year at their office located in Troy, IL.
We have a class coming up quickly! It will be held on Tuesday April 23. There will be a morning class and an afternoon class. You can attended one or both.
The morning class will be from 9am-12pm and the topic will be Ethics and Professional Standards 2019.
The afternoon class will be from 1pm-5pm and the topic will be Water, Biohazards, Trauma & Hoarding Claims.
If you are needing to get your hours done this year please contact our office at 618-797-1392 and we can fax you an enrollment form. These classes do fill up quickly!
Assessing your water damage
A water damage happens when a pipe breaks, plumbing backs up, flood waters rise, or a number of other reasons in which water enters a structure.
Water restoration is the act of making it "Like it never even happened." which is our specialty at SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City.
Many homeowners who experience a water damage often don't know where to start. The first step is assessing the situation and responding appropriately.
There are two criteria for categorizing water damages: Class, and Category.
The Class of water damage refers to the extent of damage and how much moisture has been soaked up (or bound) in the building material.
There are 4 Classes of water damages:
Class 1 - water is confined to a small area and materials absorb very little water.
Class 2 - where wet materials represent approximately 5-40% of combined floor, wall, and ceiling surface area in a space
Class 3 - wet materials represent more than 40% surface area
Class 4 - this class of damage is a special case where water has been deeply absorbed into the structure and special methods need to be employed beyond a regular drying plan.
Category refers to the level of contamination caused by the water:
Category 1 - originates from a sanitary source, meaning a supply line or sink overflow with no contaminants
Category 2 - water that contains some contaminants such as washing machine or dishwasher rinse water
Category 3 - this includes all water that is significantly contaminated and can cause illness if ingested. This would include sewage, standing water with microbial growth, or water from a toilet containing fecal matter
If you have a water damage that needs to be assessed and for help with the cleanup call SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City 618-797-1392
Don't worry about your contents. We will take care of them!
Did you know SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City also takes care of your contents that have been affected during a fire, water or mold damage?
Our staff will carefully box and track every item taken from your home and stored in a designated area at our warehouse. Once we finish bringing your contents to our warehouse the cleaning and restoration process begins.
We have special cleaners for specific types of wood, glass, ceramic, etc. Our staff is trained on what can and can not be used on all different materials. Once cleaned we will repackage and place back in your designated storage area for you to pick up whenever is best for you. It is always better to restore than replace! Especially when it comes to sentimental items. You can put your trust in our staff into making your contents look the best we can.
Major house fire.
In the last few weeks there have been multiple fires in the surrounding areas and I wanted to take this time to remind everyone to be prepared by following the fire safety guidelines listed below:
- Everyone in your household should help make a plan. Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.
- Everyone in the household must understand the escape plan. When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped. Make sure to mark the location of the meeting place on your escape plan.
- Go outside to see if your street number is clearly visible from the road. If not, paint it on the curb or install house numbers to ensure that responding emergency personnel can find your home.
- Have everyone memorize the emergency phone number of the fire department. That way any member of the household can call from a neighbor's home or a cellular phone once safely outside.
- If there are infants or family members with mobility limitations, make sure that someone is assigned to assist them in the fire drill and in the event of an emergency. Assign a backup person too, in case the designee is not home during the emergency.
- If windows or doors in your home have security bars make sure that the bars have emergency release devices inside so that they can be opened immediately in an emergency. Emergency release devices won't compromise your security - but they will increase your chances of safely escaping a home fire.
- Tell guests or visitors to your home about your family's fire escape plan. When staying overnight at other people's homes, ask about their escape plan. If they don't have a plan in place, offer to help them make one. This is especially important when children are permitted to attend "sleepovers" at friends' homes.
- Be fully prepared for a real fire: when a smoke alarm sounds, get out immediately.
- Once you're out, stay out! Under no circumstances should you ever go back into a burning building. If someone is missing, inform the fire department dispatcher when you call. Firefighters have the skills and equipment to perform rescues.
Water damage at the Holiday Inn
Equipment set in the first floor hallway
Early one morning SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City received a call that a pipe busted and three floors were affected in the hotel.
Our crews were there and started the clean up process around 5 am. After a little over 6 hours we had all the water extracted from the carpets, sanitized ever affected area, removed wet ceiling tiles and baseboards and set all the drying equipment.
The hotel was happy with how quickly our crews arrived on site and began working.
Dealing with any type of disaster to your business is stressful. SERVPRO understands the need to get the problem taken care of and have your doors back open for business as quickly as possible. That is why we are available any time of the day and any day of the week for your calls!
Call us at 618-797-1392 next time disaster strikes!
SERVPRO Here To Help Your Business After A Water Damage!
Flooding and water damage events at Alton commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO provides cleaning services for almost any mess!
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City provides a variety of cleaning and restoration services including cleaning up harmful waste. Harmful waste can refer to sewage or blood-borne pathogens among other things. When those type of damages occur stay out of the affected area, call emergency personnel if the situation is life threatening and treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated. Do not attempt cleanup of any kind and don’t touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids. All of our employees have been trained on what protection wear and cleaning equipment needs to be used during any bio-hazard job.
SERVPRO also provides vandalism cleanup. Whether it be inside or outside of your home or business. Our crews will do their best to make it look “Like it never even happened.”
Give our office a call anytime at 618-797-1392. We are always Here to Help!
What to do after you experience a water damage.
No-one wants to experience any kind of damage to their home or business. When one happens, it is always good to be prepared!
The first thing to do after a water damage is to call your insurance company and ask about filing a claim. They will walk you through the process and get you taken care of. Next, you will want to give SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City a call to have a crew come out to extract the water and dry everything out.
What if I have a water damage after 5 o’clock or on the weekend?
That is no problem! We are available 24/7 for all calls and emergency services!
What if my carpets or walls need removed?
Our professionally trained staff can remove any damaged wall or flooring that needs removed. We will dry everything out and sanitize any affected area.
What about my damaged contents?
We can always take them back to our warehouse to dry, clean and sanitize any of your contents that were affected.
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City is always prepared to help any Residential or Commercial water damage!
Call our office at 618-797-1392
We are available 24/7!
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today -618-797-1392
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City
SERVPRO of Alton, Edwardsville & Granite City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.